artConnect Concert Series presents
Sunday March 26 at 2 pm
Guitarist Nikko Forsberg
Nikko is a Nelson based jazz guitar player recognised for his unique arrangements, not only in performance, but in composition and innovation. He will be playing jazz standards in a modern and daring way, while still paying homage to the traditions of the great jazz masters. With his unique intimate vocal style, and his accomplished guitar arrangements, he tests the boundaries of harmonic and melodic improvisation. Wheteher it’s a burning bossa nova or a crushing ballad, Nikko will take you to a place where love and heartbreak meet: the magical land of jazz.
Join us for a wonderful Sunday afternoon of guitar virtuosity in the beautiful acoustic environment of the Harrison Memorial Cultural Centre. See you there!
Tickets: Door $25 | Advanced $20
Advanced tix at Crawford Bay Market, Gray Creek and Lakeview stores or online using the link below:
artConnect announces the new date!
Sunday June 4 @ 3:00 PM
3 Great Sopranos
Noemi Kiss, Kathleen Neudorf, Malaika Horswill
with Christoph Martens
Harrison Memorial Cultural Centre
16074 Crawford Creek Road, Crawford Bay
These three sopranos draw on different musical styles, from classical, contemporary classical, to folk and jazz. They will do songs from Wailin’ Jennys, Mountain Man, Moira Smiley, weaving their harmonies into a gorgeous musical fabric, some a cappella, some accompanied by the skillful piano of Christoph Martens. Come enjoy these beautiful, engaging and emotionally stirring songs … if you love harmonies, you won’t want to miss this concert.
Use your ticket for a 10% discount on your meal at The Hub on concert day!
Tickets: Advanced $25 | Door $30
Advanced tickets available online using the link below:
Type of Events we host:
- Musical events including classical and modern through recitals, concerts, coffee houses, and workshops
- Literary Arts performances including poetry readings and book introductions and signings
- Art openings and instruction workshops of various media for adults and youth
- Hosting contemplative practises such as, but not limited to, meditation, yoga, healing arts, and mind-body energy disciplines.
- Hosting lectures on topics of special interest such as local history, health and spiritual teachings
Interested in performing or volunteering fill out a form on the Get Connected page or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org